Features & Requirements
- Web-Powered: PP is completely web based
- Easy: PP is focused on simple concepts and usability to provide an easy to use solution
- Organized: PP organizes your projects into Milestones, Messages, Tasklists, Tasks and Files.
- Everywhere: E-mail notifications for new milestones, tasks, messages and comments mean that your users can stay in the loop without checking the site.
- Free and Open: ProjectPier is open source and Free Software, and will always be free as in speech and as in beer (Honest Public Licence, modified GPL)
- No Restrictions: PP allows an unlimited number of Projects, Clients, Users, and every other object. ProjectPier wants to help you get things done, not get in the way.
- Extendable: PP supports plugins enabling organizations and individuals to extend PP to suit their needs.
- Multi-client capability lets you manage projects of different clients simultanously
- Complete flexibility regarding allocation of users to projects
- 3-Level rights management:
- User of owner company
- User of client company
- Possibility to limit rights of client users per project
- Manage messages
- Manage tasks
- Manage milestones
- Manage tickets
- Manage pages (wiki)
- Manage time
- Upload files
- Manage files
- Assign tasks to members of owner company
- Assign tasks to members of other clients
- Change milestone status
- Create project (as a non-administrator)
- Messages and task lists can be linked to milestones
- Projects can be part of a hierarchy of projects
- Versioning can be used to manage revisions of uploaded files.
- Tags can be used to categorize messages, tasks, milestones, and files
- Fulltext search per project covering messages, tasks, milestones, and files
- Privacy: Messages, tasks, milestones, files, and comments can be flagged as 'private', hiding sensitive information from clients
- Simple form generator (forms can be used to create tasks or comments)
- Web server with MySQL, GD and SimpleXML extensions (Apache 2.0 or newer recommended)
- PHP5 (PHP 5.2 or newer recommended; ProjectPier is not PHP4 compatible)
- MySQL with InnoDB Support (MySQL 4.1 or newer recommended)