Just discovered this nice App. yesterday.
Just wondering if anyone ever saw such system with an implementation of a bidirectional Email Tracking System.
The concept is :
PM = Project Manager
PO = Project Prime
PMA = Project Management Application
- The PM sends an email to the PP about a certain project.
- This PP in return, wants to keep track of this information thread along with the project since he has no availability right - now.
- The PP then transfer this email to a special PMA email address.
- The PMA email address is then automatically polled on a regular basis by the application.
- The Object of the email is then scanned for a project number for example and it's content is appended to the related project comments or event queue.
- If the note does not link to any existing project it's then stored into a garbage queue where a later process may even re-scan the non matching objects if the note was sent prior to project creation.
- The PM then understand the existence of this mechanism and start including the new email
After that, a complete chain of event can be maintained
May be this type of system already exist but I may just not know how it's called ;-)
Any thought or feedback on this would be appreciated.