I have a fresh install of PP 0.8.8SP2 which in itself is working properly.
We have the requirement to do quite a bunch of identical projects so the idea is to create a 'Sample-Project' with all the steps, permissions, milestones etc. in it and copy it for the new projects.
Within the sample everything is ok but when I copy this project there are some things I'm a bit unhappy with :-)
- the copied project looses all permissions and these need to be set manually
=> Maybe this is intentional but then an option in the Copy-Project-Dialog would be great allowing me to copy the permissions as well.
- All the task-lists in the copy loose their start-date
So reminders don't work properly, the Gantt-Chart shows long bars and thus the info is 'scrambled', not showing the dependancies anymore. I don't know if it is a bug but it is bugging me ;-) Is there a chance for me to analyze this?
- For my colleagues it would be great to have a sort of dashboard-view providing an overview of what needs to be done in what order.. Maybe this could go into 'My tasks' as an option to order the tasks by start-date and/or due-date. A table-view would be good, left col -> start-/due-date, center-col -> task, right col -> the coresponding project
Or something like that.
- Is there a chance to have milestones referencing each other so that I have Milestone B waiting for Milestone A to be finished?
- The projects-notes is annoying in that size ;-) I mostly don't even need it. Is there a chance to switch it on or off on a per-project-base?
- I generated the sample-project and when my colleague wanted to copy it she ran into permissions-problems but the project was copied though ... It seems to be complete, but we are not sure.
- In the MyProjects-View it would be great to see the projects' due-date as well and it would be great to sort them by start-date and/or due-date
- And one last thing - We mostly plan backwards ;-) That means we usually know the projects due-date and need to go back from there to reach the individual milestones/tasks. Is there a good way to get this done?
Soory for the long list :-) I hope it's an easy thing and I simply didn't see the forest for the trees (as always)